Decoupage is the art of decorating an object by gluing coloured paper cutouts onto it . In this tutorial you will how to do a simple decoupage project - Decoupage pencil pouch.
- Plain canvas pencil pouch
- Decoupage tissue / paper
- Flat brush
- Fine brush - Size 0 /1
- Unfold the tissue.
- Mark the area covered by pouch as shown.
- Dip fine brush in water and mark outline over the design in paper. Once done, try to tear off the part over outline. (OR)Use scissors to trim the outline.
- Tear off excess layers beneath the design as shown.
- Place a plastic bag inside the pouch.
- Apply modpodge (over surface where you want the design) using flat brush for uniform coating and let it dry for 2-5 minutes.
- Place the design (cut out previously) over modpodge coated surface.
- Apply modpodge over the design pasted.
- Trim excess sheet in corners.
- Apply modpodge around the edges to ensure it is sealed completely.